Above – This is not Nathan with his EEE PC!
MORE AUDIO COMING SOON
Welcome to the show notes for Erk Pod Round Table 3. Erk Pod Round Table is a monthly recording of Erk Pod with guests in the studio and via Skype. Topics in this session were wide and varied compared to the first 2 Round Tables that had a tech/gaming/computer slant. Thank you to everyone who took part in the discussion throughout the recording. It was a lot of fun! Thank you to Drue, Richard & Pat for their assistance in relation to the audio post production.
Erk Pod Round Table 3
- Date: Saturday 29 March 2008
- Commenced approx 3.20pm Sydney time & concluded at 8.45pm.
- This will be split into various episodes
- The recording was also streamed on UStream as a trial and it appeared to work well.
- Erk & Drue
- Leigh the Voice Over Guy (Round Table 1, Erk’s Voice Over Guy)
- Nath (Round Table 2)
- BJ (Round Table 2, episode 89)
- Rodney Farva (Erk Pod debut)
- Pete the Workie (Erk Pod debut)
- Mr Westinghouse (Erk Pod debut)
- EOPS Dude (Erk Pod debut)
- Richard, host of the Wasting Time podcast (Erk Pod interview episodes 77/78, Round Table 2)
- Natalie, author of The Bruising Adventures of Girl Clumsy blog (Erk Pod debut)
Topics that were discussed included but not limited to:
- Stupid criminals
- Commuting and Work
- Media coverage
- Behind the scenes of radio
- Law & Order
- Missing Persons
- Very very little tech although sometimes it was very close to the line in the sand
Articles sourced from various News Limited publications plus the interweb.
- Duration: 48 minutes
- Hosts: Erk & Drue
- Part 1 Guests: Nath, EOPS Dude (both briefly), Pete the Workie, BJ, Richard (host of the Wasting Time podcast)
- As a trial, video and audio was also being streamed live via uStream. We started recording the stream before the main recording so “it is what it is” but for most of it, it is Erk sitting in front of the camera. I have taken the recorded stream for a while until I figure out what I am going to do with it.
- Pete the Workie goes shopping live on Erk Pod but not before getting outpaced by a motorised wheelchair
- Shiftwork study tells us what we already know
- Dumb criminal in Chicago was prepared to wait for the boss of the place he was going to rob
- Richard had an Australian story for us but it turns out that it was a guy in New Zealand. Erk & Drue therefore stole Richard’s story without anyone knowing about it
- TSA Bob tells us about a Macbook Air (watch the You Tube video below) and security processes and we compare airport security in Australia & the US
Above – Blogger Bob from the TSA
Above – Here’s a photo of a guy (not the one in the New Zealand story) posing with a wombat. This will give Richard an idea of the size that a wombat can grow to and how it compares to a human.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Hosts: Erk & Drue
- Guests: Richard, BJ, Mr Westinghouse
Topics in this part included:
- More TSA Blogger Bob & airport security
- Speed cameras and automatic vehicle ID
- Introduction to Newcastle
- Australia’s Longest Commute?
- Man gets caught in a car that was his own but came up stolen
- Girl has a car crash in her mother’s car
- Plastic Jesus and Dancing Elvis
- Australian Gladiators
- National Bingo Night and the “No Bingo” Guy (see You Tube video)
- Is “No Bingo Guy” going to visit Richard?