ROUND TABLE WITH HOSTS ERK & DRUE WITH PANELISTS LEIGH THE VOICE OVER GUY, ORANGE TIM, BEN, BJ, RICHARD, SHAWNO & JEN
WARNING – THE VIDEO STREAM MAY CONTAIN EXPLICIT LANGUAGE AND OTHER CONTENT THAT THE AUDIO ONLY EPISODES WILL NOT FEATURE. DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
Erk Pod Round Table 5 was recorded on Saturday 24 May at the Erk Pod Studio commencing at 1pm Sydney time (GMT +10). Panelists were:
- Erk (host)
- Drue (co-host)
In the Erk Pod studio with Erk & Drue were:
- Leigh the Voice Over Guy
- Orange Tim
- Ben (co-host, Erk to the Diary Room)
Joining in via Skype were:
Erk Pod Round Table 5 – Part 1. 71 minutes [Right click to download]
Hosts: Erk & Drue
Panelists: Leigh the Voice Over Guy, Orange Tim (Studio), BJ the Research Guy, Richard, Shawno, Jen
- Introductions to Erk Pod Round Table 5 and panelists
- People hitting Erk up for benefits
- Various weather reports
- Erk has a new microphone – so much for Erk not buying any new stuff!
- Song: Star Trekking – The Firm. Special song for Orange Tim!
- Erk is celebrating 1 year of podcasting!
- Erk was on Hyper Nonsense Live yesterday as Shawno & Jen had a dry run.
- The Secret Sound competition continues, Round Table style
- Erk Pod merchandise
- Shawno has an idea for a new movie
- Leigh’s telling of the Dark Sucker Theory
- WE WANT THE BUNNY! Find out more about Bunny here
- Shout outs
- Train Wreck Check
- Planes fly slower to conserve fuel due to price rises
- Petrol price check and theories
- Australia V America Pronunciation Bee/Accent Bee!
- Eating With Erk
- Song: 90 Miles an Hour by Andrew Handrick
Above – Signal Box similar to one where Drue has worked.
Erk Pod Round Table 5 – Part 2. 99 minutes [Right click to download]
Hosts: Erk & Drue
Panelists: Leigh the Voice Over Guy, Orange Tim, Ben (Studio), BJ the Research Guy, Richard, Shawno, Jen
- Welcome back!
- Have Shawno and Jen spoken to Bunny during the break?
- Elmo wants to play too
- Solar powered bra to charge up your mobile phone or iPod in Japan
- Richard’s on a 911 call
- Jen’s bookstore, book writing & teaching experiences
- Leigh the Voice Over Guy dressed as Leigh the Supermarket Clown
- Farewell to Leigh the Voice Guy and Richard
- Leigh and Erk’s Karaoke story
- Known long Skype call re-connection issue. I was going to cut this bit out but there was some funny bits so I left most of it in. The joys of live podcasting!
- Drugged Wookie
- Bunny chooses a GOLD moment to talk!
- Welcome Ben from the Peanut Gallery
- Don’t run off the road, Richard!
- Is Twitter down?
- Drue takes his hat off and Mrs Orange Tim likes Drue’s natural colour better.
- Drue’s laptop problem didn’t help us monitor the uStream chat
- What Ben wants: Drue’s old laptop, a boat, Oprah’s money, a platypus (to be continued in part 3)
- What Drue wants: Bunny
- What Erk wants: Bunny
- TV Man watches pron but broadcasts it on TV in Tahiti
- Sequel to “The Levers of Katoomba” – “It’s the Quick & The Dead Around Here, Tim”
- Woman gets wolf whistled in New Zealand then strips
- Erk gets wolf whistled and buffed up?
- Stereotype – Kiwis “worship” sheep
- Thieves break into house wearing undies
- a tEEnAgE gIrL and cOrEy enters the studio
- Drue’s not feeling well
- “Stop waiting for Bunny and get on with the show” – Drue
- Female teacher strips for woman’s magazine, gets suspended
- Upskirting action in the playground at Ben’s school
- Bunny is doing Tai Chi
- Jen’s fluent in Spanish, Erk struggles to be fluent in English and Drue is fluent in Wheelbarrow
- Ben uses Wheelbarrow in real life
- New Erk Pod merchandise ideas
- World Catholic Youth Month latest
- Erk’s doing a better job of spreading the world than the Catholic Church :P
- Bunny tries to talk Australian
- Re-using Olympic plans
- Flu season hits the Erk Pod studio. Yes Tim, we did get a recording of it! :)
- Bunny chant
- Tim proposes to move World Catholic Youth Month to San Luis Obispo, California (home of the Hyper Nonsense podcast)
- “Oprah Pod: All Oprah, all the time”
- Platypus At the Peak of Weird Science
- Erk’s nomination for the World’s Highest Selling Fiction Book
- Drue the Newsreader quits and Erk takes over mid story
- Bad visual on uStream
- Where is OG (host of the Brains Matter podcast) when you need him?
- Dog beer
- Good afternoon, BJ!
- Bundy Bear is BJ’s special friend
- Surgeons probed after filming man being operated on and putting the footage on You Tube
- Various items being placed in un-natural locations
- People magazine is a lot different in the US and Australia
- Song: “My Glasses Are Too Thick” – Rocket Propelled Geeks
Above – Solar powered bra
Above – A platypus
Above – 2 classic snippets from Bundy Bear Commericals
Erk Pod Round Table 5 – Part 3. 45 minutes [Right click to download]
Hosts: Erk & Drue
Panelists: Orange Tim & Ben (Studio), BJ the Research Guy, Shawno, Jen
- Welcome back!
- Shawno & Jen watching us dancing around like idiots on uStream with our Erk Pod shirts on
- Bunny has been having problem with Onion lately
- How Shawno & Jen got into podcasting and raised money to get Bunny
- Having a voice good enough for radio (having a voice for radio is better than having a head for radio!)
- Jen’s Dodgem Car/Bumper Car commentary (sound effects: Orange Tim)
- Guess who was on the booze in the Erk Pod Studio. You’ll be surprised!
- Lost Parrot tells Vet where he lives
- What Ben wants (continued from part 2): a swearing parrot, a zoo, somewhere to store these animals, jewelery, electrical goods, a black Mac, dangerous animals, a duck (he got a plastic one)
- They have Japan on the interweb now?
- How Bunny pronounces some words
- Fund raising for Drue’s new laptop
- Sponsorship for Erk Pod?
- Special guest: Steve Irwin the Croc Hunter
- Man assaulted cab driver, claimed he was hunting aliens
- Taking photos of people while podcasting
- Ben injured himself while dancing during the last song (you peanut!)
- This is Shawno & Jen’s longest stretch at the mic. Erk thinks that Shawno won’t have to put out another episode for a month!
- Answer Me This podcast promo and Erk asking them questions
- What does “root” mean to you?
- The alcohol’s run out!
- The Breathalyser 5000 is back!
- How Tim’s headset got broken the last time he was calling in from home
- Duck pron?
- Mental Health Pressure valve release at work
- An excellent place for an Erk Pod studio!
- BJ’s Bundy update
- “I have to be at work in X hours” – the phrase that pays at the end of a Round Table
- Shawno is worried about our Google Alerts.
- Goodnight, interweb!
Sources: News Limited, Yahoo News
Music: Podsafe Music Network
Above – Erk and his first Digital Voice Recorder, what he used to start podcasting one year ago.
Above – From little DVR to the current setup in 12 months.
Above – The new Erk Pod microphone, a Behringer C1 Studio Microphone.
Above – Drue has a little drinkie-poo in front of the new Erk Pod sign
Above – Orange Tim (left) and Ben (right)
Above – Ben
Above – Orange Tim