Echo Romeo Kilo One One – 37 minutes
Welcome to episode 12 of Echo Romeo Kilo One One recorded live on location at Penrith railway station and Westiefield. In this episode:
- Live on location from Penrith station. This segment is my train talk out of the way sorted!
- Overview of the station and my attachment to it. This is part one about the station with part 2 to follow tomorrow.
- Today’s Guest could have been Squeak who called me during recording but he has been on Echo already and my aim is to speak to a different person each day.
- Today’s Guest could have been Nathan but he didn’t answer his phone.
- Today’s Guest ended up being Big Jay who Erk called. Big Jay and Erk have known each other for years and Jay appeared on a recent Erk Pod Round Table
- Jay describes his day (I’m a poet and I’ll be here all week! I recommend the T-bone & chips!) as a truck driver
- Feedback from Tiggr who appeared on Erk Pod Round Table 10. She was following Erk’s train trip on Echo 9 on Google Maps which was rather cool.
- Feedback from BJ the Research Guy who has been catching up on Nannapoopoo shows and gave comments to Erk yesterday. [Harry Potter Erkling link]
- More feedback to follow tomorrow.
- Erk returns to Westiefield but not before getting another phone call
- Update about Stephen’s NaPodPoMo book featuring Erk & Drue. Drue lives on beyond Chapter 2!
- Lans from My Novel Approach is doing both NaPodPoMo and NaNoWriMo and is writing a book based on a radio station in Chicago. Shawno from (Hyper Nonsense and Shawnogram) has a character based on him and it is a hoot. Thanks to Lans who allowed me to play a snippet describing Shawno’s character and also an extract from the book.
Above – Looking across the tracks from platform 2 over to platform 3.
Above – Trains alongside platform 1 (foreground) and platform 3 (background)
Above – Passengers head towards the exit after leaving a Blue Mountains bound train alongside platform 3.