When I was listening to a podcast this morning, I thought I’d look at my iTunes list of podcasts and to look back at the podcasts I listen to and how I found them. I thought of doing a “Friend Wheel” like on Facebook but that would take too long. So here’s the list in text!
As you will see, cross promotion and listening to other people’s podcasts is a great way to find podcasts. If you are willing to spend a bit of time surfing through the 800 pound Gorilla that is iTunes, you will find some gems there too if you are prepared to take a chance and listen.
Another great way is to listen to various podcasts that the same podcaster does or is involved in. Social Media (Twitter in particular) is good in this regard as well. People you interact with may also tell you what they are listening to.
Reviews and links coming soon!
So here is my list! The ones in bold are Podiobooks that I will be listening to on my US trip (with the exception of Billi that I have finished).
- And Time! – Natalie
“And Time” is a podcast produced in Brisbane by ImproMafia. It is aimed at people in the impro scene, mainly in Brisbane.
- Andy Not Andrew – NaPodPoMo
- Answer Me This – Tom from Podwatch, Vote Me Up etc (cooooeeee, Tom!)
Answer Me This is hosted by Helen and Olly in the UK. Many people ask them questions, some serious, some not. And the answers are sometimes serious, sometimes not, sometimes not safe for work! Very funny show!
- Sine Language – Richard from Wasting Time
Bruce is the host of Sine Language and has been a great help via this podcast in relation to learning about audio. If you are a podcast producer and want to know more about the audio production side of things from someone who has worked in the industry, Sine Language is the podcast for you. If you use Adobe Audition, check out the sister podcast Building the Pod.
- Beach Walks with Rox – 24 Hour Podcast
- Being Healthy for Busy People – Twitter
- Billibub Baddings and the Case of the Singing Sword – other podcasts from the same author/podcaster, Tee Morris
- BLARM – NaPodPoMo
- Brains Matter – Podcaster Yahoo Group
- Chasing the Bard – numerous podcasts
- Cherie Cast – 24 Hour Podcast
- Cranky Geeks – TWiT
- Da Novemba Advencha – Drue (O R L Y!)
Da Novemba Advencha (DaNovAd) started out as a daily podcast by co-host Drue for NaPodPoMo. It’s not work safe but it is a lot of fun as Drue and Ben get around a mic and talk about whatever comes to mind! Now November is over, the show now has a new website and should be recorded fortnightly. And if you don’t listen, Ben will haunt you!
- Dark Compass – Hyper Nonsense
- Dark Compass Metal Show – Dark Compass
- Dawn & Drew – iTunes originally, Shawno encouraged me to re-subscribe
- Echo & Erk Pod – that’s ME!
- The Engaging Brand – 24 Hour Podcast
- Evo at 11 – Twitter
- The Final Taxi – NaPodPoMo
You’d think this show would be full of taxi driver stories, wouldn’t you? Another podcast I discovered via NaPodPoMo, it is actually a podcast about death. Now that doesn’t sound entertaining but it actually is! On an episode, you’ll hear about a person who has recently died or there has been an anniversary of their death.
- Gadgettes – Donut Boy’s recommendation
- Geek News Central – iTunes
- Geek Girls Blog Podcast – Catherine’s podcast
- Grammar Girl – iTunes
- The Good Parts – Twitter
- Great Train Show – Railway Digest
- Grizzly’s Growls – Hyper Nonsense
- Hyper Nonsense – Yahoo Podcasters Group
- I Should Be Writing – Tea and Chat
- Infected – Various writing podcasts
- Inside My Head – Hyper Nonsense
- Ultra Creatives – Tea and Chat
- Le Show – Shawno’s comment to Erk Pod
- Kraken’s Quest – another Tee Morris podcast
- Let’s Get Naughty – iTunes
- The Long Ride Home – iTunes
- Made in the UK – Dark Compass
- The Martime Jury
- The Media Burnout – Shawno
- MedicCast – 24 Hour Podcast
- Millionaire or Bust – Twitter
- Mitigation Journal – MedicCast
- Morevi Remastered – another Tee Morris podcast
- Net at Night – TWiT
- No Agenda – TWiT
- Ordinary Average Guy – NaPodPoMo
- Ourobourous – Hyper Nonsense and NaPodPoMo
- Playing for Keeps – various writing podcasts
- The Podcast Sisters – The Engaging Brand
- Podcasting for Dummies – iTunes
- Podcast Junky – NaPodPoMo
- Podwatch – previous podcast from same host
- Roz Rows the Pacific – TWiT
- Shawnogram – Shawno (O R L Y?)
- Shire Talk – Facebook
- Silicon Beach Australia – Twitter
- Some Guys in a Car – Yahoo Podcasters Group/email from host
- Something Missing – BLARM
- Spectrum – iTunes
- Spin the Bottle – BLARM
- Spoonman – Radio
- Strange Love Live – NaPodPoMo
- Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy – Podcasting for Dummies
- Tea and Chat – Double Trouble Promotion
- Tech in Twenty – NaPodPoMo
- Tech Wired Australia -Twitter
- TWiT – iTunes
- G’day World – Google
- Trucker Tom – Geek News Central
- Truth Seekers – Billibub Baddings and the Case of the Singing Sword
- Panel Beaters (V8 Supercars) – iTunes
- Wasting Time – iTunes
- Whispers at the Edge – Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy
- 2broadscast – Hyper Nonsense
- 7th Son (books 1, 2 & 3) – various writing podcasts